After working all day the the last thing I feel like doing is spending hours in the kitchen. It’s important to stay gluten-free, but also maintain a balanced diet. So while ordering a gluten-free pizza is tempting, I really can’t be doing that too often. I can’t be eating my weight in cheese every week!
Tonight, like many nights, I was craving lean protein and veggies. After digging through my fridge I found some lovely red & yellow peppers, some broccoli, mushroom and zucchini. I also searched through my freezer and found a couple of packages of frozen shrimp. Voila! Dinner practically makes itself from this point.
- 2 x 230g package of frozen pre-cooked shrimps (can use larger sized shrimps, simply adjust the cook time accordingly)
- 2 red bell peppers*
- 1 yellow bell pepper*
- 1/2 broccoli crown*
- 1 pint white mushrooms*
- 2 medium zucchini*
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Wash veggies, drain excess water, chop & dice. The veggies will cook at an even rate if they are all cut into similar sized pieces.
- Toss veggies and frozen shrimp in a large bowl with the EVOO, salt & pepper.
- Spread shrimp & veggie mix onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 35-45min, depending on how large the veggies are cut and/or how large the shrimp are.
- Boil water for rice noodles approximately 7 min before the veggies are finished cooking. Bring water to a rolling boil and drop noodles in. Cook noodles for approximately 2 min then drain. Toss with salt, pepper and 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Serve veggies & shrimp mix on top of noodles.